In a way it’s hard to imagine anyone from outside The States covering an artist as distinctly American as Bruce Springsteen. But once you actually hear someone open their mouth their nationality ceases to matter. If they sing with sincerity it doesn’t matter where they’re from. Such is the case with Peter Kelly, a Scot who performs under the moniker Beerjacket.
Kelly takes on a Springsteen classic with his rendition of “Dancing in the Dark”. His take is a little more laid back than the original, and (I can’t believe I’m going to say this…), I actually think it’s better than The Boss’. I’ll be shocked if he can get Courtney Cox for the video though.
“Dancing in the Dark”
- Random Cover of the Week – Justin Townes Earle Does The Boss
- Random Cover of the Week – The Hold Steady Covers The Boss
- Random Cover of the Week – An A Capella Twist on Grizzly Bear
- Random Cover of the Week – Hawa Makes You “D.A.N.C.E”
- Random Cover of the Week – The Rosebuds Put a Twist on The Bee Gees